Thrower's Shoulder Program
To be used for nonop treatment of throwers’ shoulder issues as well as in UCL rehab/prep to return to throwing
- Emphasize scapular posture awareness and control.
- Reinforce/cue correct scapula positioning during all exercises and ADL’s.
- GIRD protocol exercises https://www.drlintner.com/contents/learn-more/rehab-protocols/glenohumeral-internal-rotation-deficit-rehab)
- Posterior capsule stretch including cross body with scapula stabilized (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGszLpQtkpM)
- Dynamic stability in overhead position
- Dynamic stability in follow through position
- Eccentric rotator cuff and scapula strength in release/follow through arc
- Rehearse proper scapula positioning with ball in hand and arm cocked
- Hip and core stability in single leg stance, single leg standing hip rotation, single leg hip hinge
- Include core endurance in addition to strength
- Core strength in rotation movements
- Thoracic spine mobility